Solved

Can I create segment based on when chronological logic?

• 9 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi all,

I have a very specific segment I need to create to track if a marketing campaign is running profitable or not.

At my shop you can buy a free sample of the product to test it. Afterwards customers land in a flow to then upsell them the real product.

I want to create two segment now to assess how successful that campaign is:

One segment for customer who made purchase of 1 sample pack (the full order can only contain that one product)

Another segment where chronologically I can see that they first ordered the sample pack and afterwards actually bought the whole product. (how can I make this segment?)

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 9 November 2021, 22:28

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @RubenRR

Welcome to the Community! Who doesn’t love a free sample! 

For what you’re looking to achieve is possible! You can create a segment using the segment logic What Someone Has Done > Ordered Product > Equals >  Sample Pack (for specific product > once over all time AND What someone has done > ordered product > Equals > Product Name. I would suggest using the  AND logic here to make the segment exclusive, meaning the user has to qualify for both these conditions. 

Unfortunately, you can’t create a chronological aspect to a segment. You could add a time frame to the segment to make it more precise and pinpoint that these transactions are taking place around the same time. However, you will need to constantly update the relative time parameters. 

Thanks for sharing your question with the Community! 

-Taylor