Solved

Can you decipher between New Subscribers + resubscribers using a segment?

• 19 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Is there a way to build a segment for existing customer (who’s details you already have in Klaviyo) who have resubscribed themselves (using sign up pop up form for example)? 

We just want to keep track of brand new vs. resubscribed customers.

Thanks! 

Alice 

icon

Best answer by Dov 23 January 2023, 15:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @AliceC,

Thanks for sharing this question with us.

I’m curious if by existing customers you’re referring to users who have made a purchase, just signed-up or both? And for those who have resubscribed, do you mean to include those who have unsubscribed and resubscribed or those who have simply placed an order and subsequently subscribed through a sign-up form. Having a little more detail on what you’re looking for will make it easier to make a segment recommendation :).

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.

Badge +2

Hi @Dov - Thank you for you quick reply! 

Exisiting customer - a customer who’s has subscribed at some point via making a sale/sign up form/website sign up box but along the way have unsubscribed themselves. They exist in our Klaviyo account but are suppressed from email and/or SMS marketing. 

Resubscribed customer - an existing customer that has used the sign up form to “resubscribe” themselves to email and/or SMS. Therefore they are not essentially a NEW customer as we already have their details and have previously communicated with them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @AliceC,

Thanks for the clarification.

For existing customers you can use something like this: What somebody has done > placed order at least once over all time > OR is on list X (name of the list your subscribers get funneled into via the sign-up, if you have more than one list you funnel subscribers to, you can include multiple OR’s to capture all lists i.e. OR is in list X OR is in list Y etc.) Then you can add an AND criteria for is suppressed to capture suppressed users. Here’s an example:

For resubscribed customers you can use: What somebody has done > placed order at least once over all time AND has subscribed to List AND is not suppressed, to ensure you’re capturing active users. Here’s an example:

Optionally, you can change the “at least over all time” part of the definition to a specific date for “unsubscribed to List” i.e. before date X and then add the same filter for “subscribe to list” i.e. after date Y. So you can capture users who unsubscribed before date X and re-subscribed after date Y.

I hope that’s helpful.