Solved

Can you use REST API's to get a profile that is not linked to a list?

• 4 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Evident that there is a way to get profiles who are part of the list through REST APIs and in turn, you can get their personal info using profiles ids found in list members.

Possibility is there that a profile can exist without being linked to a list.

Was curious to check if there is a way to get all profiles or the profiles that are not part of the list through REST APIs?

Please let me know if any solution or work around is available for it.

icon

Best answer by cassy.lee 4 November 2020, 22:26

View original

5 replies

Badge +2

Using the REST API’s was able to get the profiles and their timelines for the first time. After this, it’s not required to fetch all profiles hence wanted to get only updated profiles and updated timelines iof same. (Incremental updates).

Is there way to achieve or Klaviyo API’s do not support incremental updates via API’s?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @vaibhavrmore1, thanks so much for joining the conversation on our Klaviyo Community forum! 

I see that you also previously asked this question to our Support team, but I’d love to share the response in case other community members have question or additional thoughts on this. 

Instead of using a REST API to pull in profiles not associated in a List, you could alternatively use the Profiles API to pull profile information based on their person ID. This particular API is based on REST, and allows you to retrieve all the data attributes for a person based on the Klaviyo Person ID. 

You can find more details about it here: https://www.klaviyo.com/docs/api/people

Badge +2

Evident that there is a way to get profiles who are part of the list through REST APIs and in turn, you can get their personal info using profiles ids found in list members.

The possibility is there that a profile can exist without being linked to a list.

Was curious to check if there is a way to get all profiles or the profiles that are not part of the list through REST APIs?

Please let me know if any solution or workaround is available for it.

@cassy.lee , Looks like you misunderstood the question. As dealing directly with REST APIs, would not not be knowing which profile is not associated with any list as well as its id. 
How would call API to get info without knowing the id? 

Badge +2

Possibility is there that a profile can exist without being linked to a list.

Please let me know if any solution or work around is available for it.

Question: Using the REST API was able to get the profiles and their timelines for the first time. After this, it’s not required to fetch all profiles hence wanted to get only updated profiles and updated timelines of the same. (Incremental updates).

@cassy.lee , Looks like again you misunderstood the question here. Here first all the profiles and timelines are available to import/fetch via REST APIs. Upon fetching all the data once, want to fetch only the updated records/data every week, hence no need to import unmodified data.
Is there a filter available in REST APIs to fetch only updated data after some interval?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @vaibhavrmore1

My apologies if I’m not understanding your question entirely. If you have any examples or images to better illustrate what I’m missing, please feel free to pass along! 

A possible solution in order to get profiles that are not part of the list is to create a segment of all profiles in the account, and then get all the profiles using this endpoint: https://www.klaviyo.com/docs/api/v2/lists#get-members-all

When setting this up, please use these conditions for a segment: 

You can use this API request: 

GET https://a.klaviyo.com/api/v2/group/{LIST_ID or SEGMENT_ID}/members/all

I hope this was helpful information! 
-Cass.