Solved

Clicked email segment, variable link

• 28 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I’m trying to create a segment for when someone clicks a link in an email, but the link has a {{email}} variable at the end of the link (?email={{email}}). When using the Clicked Email event, it seems like I can only use URLs that matches not contains.

Are there any workarounds for this? This will be part of a NPS flow that sends a customer to a landing page based on their score. Since a dynamic variable cannot be used within a tag, we need to find another way to associate the customer’s score with their Klaviyo profile. Open to suggestions!

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 6 April 2022, 21:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @chrisrosg,

Welcome to the Community.

I think to better figure out a solution, the best would be if you could provide more detail regarding how the NPS score is being logged on the Klaviyo profile. If it is a custom property, then that can be leveraged in a flow either using conditional splits or multiple hide/show blocks for the various NPS scores. How many NPS scores are possible? If it’s only a handful the above solution is very viable.

Or is there some sort of event coming from a 3rd party app we can alternatively use to trigger a flow or create a segment off of? I think getting a better understanding of all the moving parts here and the work flow would be a helpful first step.

Thanks!
Alex

Badge +2

Hi there @chrisrosg,

Welcome to the Community.

I think to better figure out a solution, the best would be if you could provide more detail regarding how the NPS score is being logged on the Klaviyo profile. If it is a custom property, then that can be leveraged in a flow either using conditional splits or multiple hide/show blocks for the various NPS scores. How many NPS scores are possible? If it’s only a handful the above solution is very viable.

Or is there some sort of event coming from a 3rd party app we can alternatively use to trigger a flow or create a segment off of? I think getting a better understanding of all the moving parts here and the work flow would be a helpful first step.

Thanks!
Alex

Hey Alex,

The score won’t be logged in a Klaviyo profile. Since we can’t use tags within tags, we can’t do:

{% update_property_link 'NPS Rating' '0' 'https://link.com?email={{email}}' %}

So a workaround was to create a segment for everyone that clicks on a score 0-10. But when doing so, I can only define a URL that equals a value, not containing. The trigger for this flow will be when a ticket is closed.

Hope that makes sense! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @chrisrosg!

Unfortunately, there is no workaround to this since profile properties aren’t additive. This means that if a customer were to click a different score down the road, it wouldn't add to the array/list of the property values. I think I am still not 100% clear what your goal is though, but I would just keep in mind that if you used a segment, a segment triggered flow is only initiated once.

Thanks,

Alex