Solved

Conditional split not working when used in a flow after an A/B test

• 15 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I have an A/B test in my flow which is designed to test whether an offer converts better than no offer. After the A/B test I have 2 conditional splits which include a webhook back to the sales platform to track which customer received which offer. 

The problem is that the first conditional split is pushing 100% of the customers through the ‘No’ path even though ~50% received Variation A:

I

Any ideas why both conditionals are not picking up that customers have received either variation?

icon

Best answer by Dov 16 December 2022, 15:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Nick_rackattack,

Thanks for sharing this question with us.

I see you have your conditional splits set up to immediately evaluate users after they received the gift card email. Since an email may need a few moments to process the delivery, it’s possible that they’re being evaluated as “no” in the split before we can process the email as “delivered”. 

Can you try adding a few minute time-delay before the users are evaluated at the first conditional split and see if that remedies the issue? If not, I would double-check that you are targeting the correct email IDs in the conditional splits.

I hope that’s helpful.

Badge +2

Thanks @Dov. I have added a time delay between the A/B test and the conditional test, and will see if that results in any changes to the results. I have reviewed the conditional IDs and they appear to be targeting the correct variations.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Nick_rackattack,

Great! Be sure to let us know if this resolves the issue for you :) 

Thanks!