Solved

Create segment based on first purchase item

• 14 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I would like to create a segment for customers whose first purchase contains a specific item. I want to follow up with these customers later (ie have a flow triggered when that first order is delivered) and also track analytics for this group to see if they turn into repeat customers at a different rate than average customers. Is that possible? 

I hope I am making sense! New to Klaviyo so trying to find the best way to make use of this tool!

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 15 May 2023, 07:05

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@abbyrose 

I don’t think there is way for you to do this in a segment for previous customers.. All I can think of in this regard is solution for future customers. 

Set up a post purchase flow with flow filter placed order equals 1 and also add trigger filter to allow people in this flow onli if they have the product you want.. and then compare this flow from the other flows..

(just a note, make sure you remove people who enter this flow from your other post purchase flow in case the emails are going in the same time)

Badge

Thank you Bobi! That makes sense and I am good with only setting up for future customers. I will give it a try!