Solved

Create Segment of discount-only shoppers

• 17 August 2021
  • 10 replies

Badge +4

Hello!

Does anyone have any creative ways to segment discount-only shoppers that’s better than “Placed Order is greater than x over all time where Discount Codes contains 100+ different codes?

-Denise

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 17 August 2021, 20:05

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @denise.b ,

Great question and thanks for posting to the Community!

I'm afraid updating the segment definition with the new codes is the only way to do this. The workaround for Dynamic Codes requires you to include each unique code in the Segment definitions which can become cumbersome if you have sent out a lot of unique codes. If you are using unique/dynamic codes, there currently is no method in place for just "used discount" in general. With that said, I can file a feature request on your behalf to see if this is something we can implement in the future. I would love to see the feature available! I know other customers have mentioned it as well so the more we submit feedback about it, the better our engineering team can prioritize building the feature. 

A possible work-around I have would be to use a static code instead so that there are fewer codes to bring into your segment definition. 

Hope this helped!

Alex

Badge +4

Thanks for the reply @alex.hong! Even the ability to add a definition filter for Coupon Name used vs. the unique coupon codes would be amazing. I would love to see this feature implemented, along with the one you mentioned.

Appreciate the help :)

Denise

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

No problem @denise.b !

It would definitely be a great feature to use as I can see it streamlining the process for segment definitions when it comes to discounted users. Once this feature is implemented from the team, I will definitely keep you updated!

Have a good day :)

Alex

Badge +2

Does anyone know if there’s any progress on this? I’m trying to create a segment for customers that have used their welcome discount but haven’t bought since but I can’t filter by customers who’ve used a discount. Anyone got an idea of how I could do this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Splendette,

When you’re looking to segment for a used coupon, could you not 

1. Create a new segment and name it "Used a coupon".
  2. Select What someone has done (or not done) from the dropdown.
  3. Select the Placed Order event and then click the Add Filter option to specify the discount codes to select.

Or is this not what you were looking for?

Badge +2

As I use dynamic coupon codes, this isn’t a viable solution for me, sadly. I’ve now added a specific prefix to all coupons so I think going forwards it should work if I filter on coupon codes containing the WEL prefix but I also need to analyse the past 5 months’ data that doesn’t have the prefix. Any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Splendette,

Unfortunately is it not possible to segment for dynamic coupons. Segmenting is easier to do when a customer uses a static code but we cannot do this for dynamic codes without listing out every single unique variation that was sent. 

The best workaround in this case would be to segment people who have received the flow email and who have placed order zero times since set dates. This would give a semi-accurate report but who has not yet purchased using the coupon when they received this flow email.  

For additional information and other helpful tips or tricks, check out these resources on Conditional Split.

We hope to continue updating our product to make use of this as well.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @alex.hong - do you know if this feature has been added to the pipeline? Surely it would be very simple and much needed?  We hear about segmentation all the time and a segment of people who use discount codes is a no brainer!

Badge +2

Agree with Lee-Anne! We have various prefixes on our discount codes so to not be able to segment by prefix seems really silly, especially when it’s already possible to segment by a whole code.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@denise.b .. There is a manual workaround that I’ve done before… you can download the list of coupon uses as csv (from the coupon page), this contains the contact emails… then upload this csv back into klaviyo with these emails and a new field such as Welcome coupon used = yes..

This will attach this property to the profiles so you can build a segment to send out a campaign.

Again this is a manual process that isn’t dynamic, so only really good for campaigns or general analytics reporting.