Solved

Creating a segment based on title of coupon received but not used that is still active

Badge +1

I would like to create a segment to send out email campaign to those who added to cart but did not checkout to remind them that they have a coupon that they have not used. is there a way to create a segment based on code they received but it hasn’t been used in the past - say - 30 days?

Example, coupon is 15%off and they should have received a coupon code because they went through a welcome flow. But they haven’t used it still.  

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 8 May 2024, 14:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hi @claikind! Unfortunately, it isn’t possible to segment by whether someone has or hasn’t used a coupon. But, there is a workaround I shared in this thread on a similar question:

Hope that helps! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @claikind  

Just to clarify @kaila.lawrence response which applies to dynamic coupons.

If your coupon is static, so the same for everyone who receives it in your welcome flow e,g welcome15, you can segment by a static coupon and also use that condition in campaigns and flows to target those who have not yet redeemed it.

Example segment for purchasers not redeeming a static discount below (welcome10 in this example). Change to ‘at least once’ for a segment of profiles who have redeemed it.

If you want to send a campaign to abandons who have received your welcome flow emails and not redeemed, that segment is also shown below.

For a flow, you can either add a conditional split (also below) or the same condition but applied as an additional filter to emails in your flow so they are skipped if they’ve used the code. That approach can be used for an abandoned cart flow, so you don’t have to send campaigns to abandoned carts not redeeming the static discount.

Hope that helps but if you need further info, let me know.

Andy

not redeemed the static discount - segment

not redeemed the static discount - conditional split flow filter

received welcome flow email AND abandoned checkout (past 30 days) but has never redeemed the static discount - segment

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Thank you for the clarification, @bluesnapper