Solved

Creating a segment for Bold V2 subscribers

• 16 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi there!

I am trying to figure out how to create automated segments based on our Bold V2 subscribers. I have followed the instructions for how to do the integration following the steps outlined here: https://support.boldcommerce.com/hc/en-us/articles/6740843522964.

But after completing this step, I am still not seeing where/how I can create segments based on the webhooks/events discussed in the documentation.

Please help! :) 

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 22 November 2022, 00:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @caitlin.benn ,

Welcome to the Community.

First, Bold isn’t a platform that Klaviyo natively integrates with, but rather, it was built using our open API by Bold. For that reason, we don’t have Klaviyo documentation so I’m using Bold's documentation to guide this solution. So first, using Bold, your store will be subscribed to the following webhooks:

• customer_created
  • subscriptions_updated
  • subscription_created

These webhooks are used to create and update customer profiles and events within the profiles in Klaviyo. In Klaviyo, these events are:

• New Subscriber
  • New Subscription
  • Subscriptions Cancelled

With Bold I don't think there is any room for customization and/or creating more events, but you will want to talk to Bold directly about that since they built the integration.

As for the other metrics, these are certainly available if you are integrating with Klaviyo directly with Shopify (without using Bold) and this may be an alternative if you're needing to have access to more metrics. 

If you had a metric/property that could be tagged to those subscribing via Bold, then you could create a segment in Klaviyo. My guess is that there would have to be some importing of CSVs.

Badge +1

Hi Alex,

I understand all of the above. The thing that I am not understanding is how to go about creating segments within Klaviyo by levarging these Bold V2 webhooks. At the end of the day, I want any existing and new Bold V2 subscriber to be automatically placed into a Subscriber segment within Klaviyo, so that I can send them their own communications. What do I pick as a dimension, etc.

Hoping you can help.

Thanks,

Caitlin

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hello @caitlin.benn ,

It would have to depend on how these subscribers are coming into your segments. It would most likely have to be a custom made solution to attach a metric/property that could be tagged to those subscribing via Bold. 

If you want to send Bold data into Klaviyo using Bold's webhooks, Klaviyo's support team is well equipped to help with using data already within Klaviyo. Unfortunately, they are not the best resource for getting data into Klaviyo in the first place. That is something that requires developer knowledge from the source. If you need help setting up this connection I recommend reaching out to a developer. You can reference our approved partners list here.
https://klaviyo.partnerpage.io/

While we are not able to help with building custom solutions, we are able to help if you run into any issues. All of our API documents can be found here. Let us know if you have questions about those.
https://apidocs.klaviyo.com/reference/api-overview

Thanks,

Alex