Skip to main content
Solved

Deleting al profiles that can’t receive emails.

• 25 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone!

I'm thinking about deleting all the profiles on my account that can't receive email marketing, but I don't know if this will have some kind of negative consequence that I don't know about.

Basically it would eliminate the segment with the definition of the photo.

Can someone tell me if this is right or is it a mistake?

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +15

Hi @Fabian 

Thank you for posting in the Community!

That looks about right - in this scenario you’ll be doing a profile cleanup, where all non-subscribed members will be either supressed or deleted. You can easily add more filters to the segment if you wish to have more control over who gets deleted/surpressed.

To read more about the subject I can refer to: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/24312135764251

I hope this helps :-)

Userlevel 6
Badge +25

Hi @Fabian - You already have great feedback from @annasophiefc to get you started, and here’s what I’ll add for you to consider alongside that. 

Deleting profiles from Klaviyo deletes all the history for each profile. Klaviyo will never send an email to a suppressed profile, and you are not charged for suppressed profiles (unless you’re using the CDP product for analysis of all profiles in the account). 

Because of that, I recommend you suppress profiles as needed, to remove them from the list of people who can receive your marketing emails. But do not delete those profiles. 

Segments of suppressed profiles still hold value, especially when it comes to retargeting people with ads on Meta, TikTok, or Google. They’re also good candidates for targeting recipients of direct mail marketing, like Customer Winback postcards sent by PostPilot - think Klaviyo flows, but for postal mail!

Warmly,

Gabrielle