Skip to main content

We have a series of discount codes in Shopify that are used by a specific group of customers. I want to create a segment that adds anyone who’s used any of these discount codes. However, when I look at the ways of adding people to a segment, I don’t see “use of a discount code” as an option.

Has anyone had experience with this and what did you do to get the discount code users into your segment?

Thanks! 

Welcome to the community @Amanda_Kiwi 

For static discounts, you create the segment for Shopify as shown below. 

If you have a new discount code that has never been redeemed, it won’t appear in the ‘contains’ drop-down, but you can manually add it there.

It won’t work with a prefix + wildcard as a ‘catch-all’ for dynamic discounts i.e select all unique codes generated by that discount, but you can filter by specific codes that have been generated.

Hope that helps. 

Andy

Shopify

Thanks blusnapper. Unfortunately, when I get to the drop down menu “where”, there is no option that says “Discount Codes”.  I can see lots of other options but not “Discount Codes”. Any suggestions on how I can get my drop down menu to show “Discount Codes”?  I have screen shotted all my options below. 

Hi @Amanda_Kiwi 

Have any discount codes been redeemed yet? If not, try creating a 100% Shopify discount and create a test order using that code.

I’m wondering if that option is not appearing for a placed order event because it’s yet to be created.

Regards

Andy

Hi. Yes the discounts have been redeemed close to a hundred times combined (across the three discount codes).  

@Amanda_Kiwi Did you create the discount codes in Shopify or Klaviyo? 

Shopify