Solved

Does Klaviyo automatically who make a purchase from my site, or do I have to go in and manually add it??

• 26 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +3
  • Problem Solver II
  • 13 replies

Does Klaviyo add to the contact list customers who make a purchase from my site without signing up, or do I have to go in and manually add them? Related to that, do their names get added when they sign up? And is their purchase implied permission to be added to the contact list? Sorry, a lot of questions!

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 27 March 2022, 16:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @Kwei 

Thank you for your question and for posting it in the community!

Depending on which platform you use to host your store (Shopify, Woocommerce, etc.) and the integration settings between that platform and Klaviyo, you can automatically add users to your list.

For example, if you are using Shopify, when you integrate Shopify with Klaviyo, one of the settings is to “Collect Email Subscribers” which will automatically add any contact that provides an email address via a Shopify form (account create, checkout started, purchase, etc.). When this is enabled, you can also designate a list with Klaviyo for where those contacts will be added.

If this is not enabled then those contacts would not automatically be added.

I would check the settings for the integration you have with your store as a first step to see if its available (Which I assume most of the integrations would provide this automated sync) and if not enabled, then configure it for your store.

I hope that helps!

@In the Inbox 

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

HI @Kwei 

In terms of your other questions, a contacts other information will be sync’d if its part of the collection process, but Klaviyo may also provide the name if the email address is known within the Klaviyo system (though I am not 100% certain about this, but I have seen a contact’s name appear even if the email is the only data point collected). 

In terms of implied permission this is really determined by the Geo you contacts reside and the local laws. In the US, if you make a purchase there is implied permission to send them future emails. But outside of the US, explicit permission is required. I would check with your own legal counsel to be sure you are covered for your business based on the local laws where you operate.

Best,

@In the Inbox