Skip to main content
Solved

Email segment is not updating correctly / Klaviyo & Shopify forms

• 2 July 2024
  • 2 replies

My client is using Shopify, including a Shopify footer form. The integration has been done correctly, but the only option to identify the profiles who subscribed via the Shopify footer form was to create a segment called “All Email Subscribers” (I’d personally prefer a list instead).

I’ve set the segment conditions to include this logic:

• Properties about someone - accepts marketing - is true - boolean,
  • OR  If someone can/can’t receive email marketing - person can receive - email marketing - because person subscribed,
  • OR consent ID form equals - mflyout ID] - type: text,
  • AND properties about someone - created - after - dspecific date].

I’ve switched to a single opt-in for the Newsletter list and added an additional segment that excludes all email bounces in the last 365 days.

I noticed this segment, even though it should include everyone who subscribed via 1) Shopify footer form, 2) Shopify checkout email box, and 3) Klaviyo flyout, does not update correctly.

Is there anything I’m missing here? Why are these profiles/segments not synced correctly? Would testing with the same email a few times cause issues (I’ve been deleting the profiles and then re-subscribing to test them)?

What’s the best way of including/segmenting Shopify form/checkout subscribers in Klaviyo?

Also, the Shopify form stopped working properly and all of the sudden it is not creating Klaviyo profiles. What can I do on the Klaviyo side to fix this?

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

Hello @ellieelisabeth  You can refer to the answer shared here to understand how to retrieve profiles for a specific form.

Regarding the form not working, We will need more information and screenshots to identify possible issues.

Badge

Thank you @Maxbuzz. I have tested the form a few more times and spoken to both Shopify and Klaviyo support to fix the issue. All good now!