I want clarification how emailable profiles are populated into my account? Are they people who visited my website or made a certain action?
Do I have permission to email them even if they have not signed up for my emails?
What's the point of generating these profiles that are not subscribers? How I can use them in my marketing?
Best answer by Julia.LiMarzi
Emails, or what we call “profiles” can be created within Klaviyo when someone subscribes to your email marketing or when they place an order on your site or make an account on your site, and through other API connections. You can find more info on this in our guide to Understanding Who is in Your Account.
However, in order to send them marketing, they must have consented to email marketing, either by filling out an on-site form and joining a list, or by accepting marketing at checkout.
But it can still be useful to have those profiles in your Klaviyo account for a few reasons:
- You can create segments of all profiles, not just those opted into marketing, using all of the data relating to them, and export that information for analysis to better understand your business.
- You can create segments and connect them to a Facebook Custom Audience to retarget them with Facebook and Instagram ads, or go a step further and create a lookalike audience to find prospective customers as well.
- You can customize your transactional emails (order confirmations, shipping confirmations, etc.) on Klaviyo and send them through Klaviyo, even to profiles who did not consent to marketing because these are not considered marketing. This is only possible because Klaviyo stores all emails, not just those consented to marketing.
- You can also create a segment of all profiles who don’t have email consent and target them with an on-site form to collect consent.
- But forms can go way beyond collecting consent! You can target people who are not in your newsletter list with forms that direct to popular collections or a new product; or you can highlight a sale happening on-site now that they may be unaware of if they don’t receive your campaigns.
I hope this answers your question and gives you some inspiration!