Solved

Excluding people with 'never subscribed' status from email sends

• 11 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

I’m creating a segment of people who have placed an order, but only want to include those who have actively subscribed to email marketing. Some profiles in our Klaviyo account have a status of ‘never subscribed’ (i.e. a yellow checkmark). Is there a way to exclude these people from the segment?

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 11 October 2023, 17:17

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @kfodor 

Assuming you only have email lists in Klaviyo, I’d create the segment below. This segment will include contacts who have purchased AND have opted-in to marketing by subscribing to a Klaviyo list. It's the same approach for other ecomm platforms if you’re not on Shopify. I’ve included a condition to exclude unsubscribes purely so the list count of contacts who can be emailed is accurate.  

However, this segment may not include all contacts who have purchased and opted-in if you are capturing opt-ins outside of Klaviyo and you are not sharing that opt-in data with Klaviyo via an integration.

For example, Shopify will set Accepts Marketing = true for opt-ins but that won’t update Klaviyo’s email status unless you have configured the Shopify sync settings in Klaviyo to push those to a specific Klaviyo list.

Hope that helps

Regards

Andy

Badge +3

Thanks - have just seen Klaviyo have added a new feature for exactly this problem. Should have checked before asking 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Thanks for sharing @kfodor 

Well, that’s interesting and very useful...I don’t have that segment definition available in any of my accounts!

@David To is this a limited roll-out?

My statement about non-Klaviyo opt-ins still stands though.

Regards

Andy

Badge

Wow - that one I’ve too, never seen.

That would be VERY useful...

Badge +3

Yes, it’s strange because it seems to only be available in one of our Klaviyo accounts, not the other two...I’ve emailed support about it, will give an update when I get one!

Badge +3

So yes, @bluesnapper @Mogens it’s a limited release not available on all accounts yet: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/18924427069979

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

@kfodor @Mogens this new definition has now appeared in my accounts.

Regards

Andy