Solved

Flow triggered by a certain segment

• 24 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi all,

I have another question. We would like to create some facebook ads to capture new leads with a text similar to: “get a free pack with a minimum $10 purchase“. So the user sees the ad, clicks the link, is redirected to the website to a hidden sale page, makes the minimum $10 purchase and he or she expects the free pack which will be digital and sent through email.

So how do I segment these users in klaviyo if they have not subscribed to our newsletter in order to enter in the flow to receive the free digital pack? Do I have to, maybe, create a new sign-up form just for this particular flow? Is that possible? And if yes, how do I create this form to show up just for these users when they go on the website to make the purchase?

Thank you in advance for all the information you may provide me.

Cristina.

icon

Best answer by julie.accardo 25 September 2021, 18:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Great question! Curious is the hidden sales page contain certain products? How big is your product selection? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Just for items with a sale price which will be lower than the regular ones on the public pages.

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hmmm, this is interesting.  I’m not 100% sure if this will work, but what about creating an order confirmation flow with filters like this (the blank in flow filters would be your list name)

Userlevel 5
Badge +34

Hi @Cristina - iCraft,

Definitely test out @Mailbox Manny’s suggestion! You could do this by enabling manual mode so that you can test to see how the flow logic works without risking sending a live message. 

Few other things to note:

• You can check to see if the $source = -68 updates in these customer’s profiles in Klaviyo after they place their order. It may only update if they come through a lead ad so definitely worth testing first. If you find that all users interacting with your FB ads have the $source = -68 updated, you could create a segment of these users use that as the trigger for the flow.
  • In order to add a signup form to the hidden landing page, you’ll likely want to create a signup form and either update the form’s behavior to only appear on that hidden page URL if it’s a popup or flyout style. Otherwise, you can simply past an embed form directly where you’d like it to live on the landing page. You would route your form to a specific list and then you can use that list as the trigger for the flow but make sure to add some logic to the flow to only trigger if they purchased item x.

To learn more about advanced targeting techniques with Facebook, check out this article!

Best,

Julie