Solved

Have Integrated with Shopify. Do I still need to upload my subscriber list?

• 10 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
  • Contributor I
  • 1 reply

Hi, 
Total newbie here and I’m sure this question is SO basic but I’m so confused despite following the trainings!

I’ve synced Shopify to Klaviyo. I have been working on getting my list correct from my previous ESP (Seguno in Shopify). I only had 200-odd actual subscribers in my list and have tagged those that never opened anything to bring it down further to about 160.

In Klaviyo I’ve noticed I’ve got over 900 profiles but 0 are suppressed. If I look in the Lists that have automatically been created by Klaviyo (ie, Engaged 30 days) there’s a handful of people.

Do I still need to import my list into Klaviyo?

Thanks in advance,

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 11 January 2023, 11:36

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @DEF 

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community and congrats on your first post!

During the historical sync, Klaviyo will create a profile for anyone we have information on from Shopify regardless of consent for marketing so you can still send transactional emails if they purchase from your business. So although you have 900 profiles you only have a handful of active profiles that you will be sending too. You will not need to import your list again as long as the lists and segments look like they are capturing the right people for your marketing. The one great thing is that even if you do upload a CSV file, if the email addresses are the same, we will not make duplicate profiles in Klaviyo. 

Hope this helps!

Badge +1

Great! That’s very helpful, thanks for your reply.