Solved

Help - emails aren't added to my list after abandoning checkout

• 22 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello guys,

I’ve set up an abandon checkout sequence and it seems to be running smoothly. I’ve checked the analytics and it seems to be sending out emails on the regular. I’ve even tested it with my own email and received the abandon-cart sequence.

However, my lists doesn’t seem to be populating at all. So i’m unable to collect email data for further promotion.

Other info you might need
- I’m using WooCommerce
- I’ve checked single opt-in for the opt-in process
- Klaviyo is properly integrated with woocommerce
- I've checked "subscribe to email marketing"

icon

Best answer by David To 22 June 2021, 16:01

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Zheng Wen,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

The behavior you are seeing is an expected Klaviyo function. Contacts who abandon their cart despite checking the box to sign up for your newsletter would not be added to a Klaviyo list. This is because through abandoning the checkout process, the customer is not providing explicit consent to joining the list.

Through the Subscribe contacts to email marketing setting, only contacts who check the box to sign up to your newsletter list and fully complete their purchase would be added to the designated list. The act of checking the subscribe to newsletter box and completing the purchase is considered explicit consent with intent to join your marketing list. 

Happy to hear that your Abandoned Cart Flow is running smoothly! 

I hope this helps!

David