Solved

How can I automatically add to list post purchase in Woocommerce?

• 16 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I would like to automatically add all customers that purchase on my website (running WooCommerce) to my mailing list.

How can I do that?

(I saw a similar post but the answer there was only for Shopify...)

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by David To 16 June 2023, 17:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Valerya,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Allowing customers who checkout through your WooCommerce site to opt-into marketing and subscribe to list is actually a native function of the WooCommerce x Klaviyo integration.

We actually highlight the instructions on how to enable this in our Getting started with WooCommerce Help Center article. Under the Subscriptions section:

1. Check the box next to Collect email subscribers to easily add this option to your WooCommerce site.
    • Select a list from the dropdown under Add email subscribers to this list. If no lists are available in the drop down, head over to the Lists & Segments tab to create a new list.
      Anyone who subscribes via the checkbox during checkout will be added to this list. Consent is sent to Klaviyo after the customer clicks the submit order button during checkout.
    • Under Email marketing consent label, enter the consent language you wish to appear next to the checkbox on your checkout page. The default language is Sign me up to receive Email updates and news

I hope this helps!

David

Badge

But how do you prefill the email sign up with a check, that they can uncheck if they choose not to receive emails. I can see this fuctionality working in other ecommerce stores with klaviyo but can’t figure out how to do it with woocommerce. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @ElizaG 

Thanks for following up here!

Are you referring to the checkbox for marketing at checkout? This would be a setting within your WooCommerce account, if it is available.