Solved

How to assign more than one value to one custom property?

• 14 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi,

I’d like to be able to assign more than one value to one custom property. For example, I may have a custom property of “Interests”, and I may collect that information from a sign up form with both radio button questions and multiple check box questions. I also want to be able to assign an additional “Interest” value according to certain actions they take in the email, such as clicking on a certain link. I don’t want the old value to be overwritten. Is there a way to accomplish this?

I understand that I need to use the list/array data type, and that there is a way to do that if I upload a CSV. My question is how to create list/array data type properties through sign up forms or in-email behavior. Anyone has any experience with this?

Thanks!

Dawn

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 15 November 2023, 18:24

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @lhzhangdong 

Thanks for asking the community for help with your custom properties through your signup forms

There are a couple of different ways you can properties to a profile through a Klaviyo form. You can add hidden properties that will be added to a profile once they submit the form.
?name=Screen+Shot+2020-03-23+at+12.58.15+PM.png
You can assign an existing property or you can create a new one. Just type in the name and at the bottom of the dropdown, you can create the property.

If you would like the customer to set the property themselves, you can use radio buttons, checkboxes or the text input field.
?name=Screen+Shot+2020-03-23+at+12.59.15+PM.png