Solved

How to bulk edit customer details for timezones

• 27 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi!

I feel like we used to have all our customers with their individual timezones but maybe reimporting data in the past it got lost (?).

Is there a way to reupload all their timezones based on country via an import? How would I go around that? Just send an ‘in recipients local time’ and it sent to Aus and US customers simultaneously.

Thanks a lot!

icon

Best answer by DavidV 27 February 2024, 03:46

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

Hi @michaeljja,

Thank you for your question! 

Depending on the ecommerce integration Klaviyo normally updates this based on the IP address or once an order has been placed, on the billing address.

You can however manually import (CSV) the location data (City, State/Region, Country & ZIP code) and this will switch the timezone automatically. If you go down this route I would first export the list into CSV and select those fields, then re-import the data after you changed it in Excel/Google Sheets. 

This is especially helpful if the data is incorrect which we sometimes see happen when we migrate from another platform without the eCommerce integration being live first.

More information about this can be found on the help centre here.

Hope that helps!

Thanks
David

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thanks David! 

Don’t have some of that customer info because a lot came through just via Shopify to Klaviyo and don’t have the country map, so I just exported and reimported what info I do have.