Solved

how to clone / duplicate LIST settings?

• 22 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +3
When I create a new list, is it possible to clone the settings and formatting from another list?
It seems crazy there's no easy way to keep colors and font choices and other customizations when creating a new list. It would be super helpful to have this instead of having to customize every list from scratch with our brand colors and voice etc.
icon

Best answer by alex.hong 28 December 2021, 18:09

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hey there @Sparky,

Welcome to the Community and  thanks for posting your question here!

I’d like to ask for some clarification regarding what you are trying to clone exactly. Within our list settings, there are no properties regarding color or font choice. Lists are used by almost all ESPs -- they're a collection of people's email addresses grouped under an identifiable label; you can add people to a list manually, or people can join a list themselves by subscribing through a form.  Lists are used for growing an audience that you can then keep in touch with through automated flows and campaigns.

If you would like to clone a campaign, you will first need to turn it into an email template.  From there, you can then clone the email template over to your other accounts. At this time, I'm afraid that campaigns and lists cannot be cloned or shared between accounts.  However, you can copy flows and templates between accounts.  

Please let me know on what exactly you were trying to clone and we can work together toward a solution. Thanks!
Alex

Badge +3

Hey there @Sparky,

Welcome to the Community and  thanks for posting your question here!

I’d like to ask for some clarification regarding what you are trying to clone exactly. Within our list settings, there are no properties regarding color or font choice. Lists are used by almost all ESPs -- they're a collection of people's email addresses grouped under an identifiable label; you can add people to a list manually, or people can join a list themselves by subscribing through a form.  Lists are used for growing an audience that you can then keep in touch with through automated flows and campaigns.

Please let me know on what exactly you were trying to clone and we can work together toward a solution. Thanks!
Alex

I understand what a List is - and every list comes with predetermined settings and Subscribe and Preference Pages. The Style & Design of these do NOT carry over from other lists and can’t be copied from other lists. So every time I create a new List, it starts with ugly pages and forms for subscribing, unsubscribing, updating preferences etc.

I realize subscribers do not see these pages frequently but I’d like them to have a good, consistent experience including a nice looking, on-brand page to Confirm your Email (for double opt-in) etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Sparky,

Unfortunately, the subscribe pages do need to be updated each time you create a new list, and cannot be duplicated. 
However, you can set a default Preference Page that will be used in: 

• Emails sent to segments
  • Flows triggered by an event
  • Emails sent to multiple lists and/or segments

When emails are sent to subscriber lists, however, the default email forms will not be used. This is because there are unique forms connected to specific lists and each list could serve its own unique purpose. Therefore, they all need to be customized separately. More info regarding customization for these pages can be found in this documentation.

Additionally, I would recommend streamlining your contacts into a single main list as it is a best practice to analyze your owned marketing strategy and optimize deliverability. You can read more about the reasoning and more here!

Have a good day,

Alex