Solved

How to create a Segment by brand / manufacturer?

• 28 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello everyone!
On my food ecommerce I want to create a customer segment that has purchased at least one product of a particular brand.

For example, you can create a segment of customers who have purchased at least one flour; I would like to create a customer segment that has purchased at least one Brand X product.

We have Shopware and the APIs not yet connected.
With full settings, will it be possible to create this dynamic segment?

Thank you!

Martina C.

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 28 September 2021, 23:58

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Marketing Shop Piemonte 

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community! Thank you so much for asking about about creating segments specific to brand of purchase.

You will be able to to create this dynamic segment once you have your custom API fully integrated as long as the integration is set up to share information with Klaviyo with event properties that includes brand name. Below you will find an example segment definition that i built, however the segment filters/properties may need to be changed once your integration is complete, as the properties may use a different variable based on your set up.  You will need to create a profile first in order for these properties to exist. Therefore, the simplest solution is to use the Identify API to both create and push all of the required custom properties to a single test profile. That will ensure all the these custom properties exist in Klaviyo and enable you to build out all of the flows in advance. Attaching the Identify API reference guide for you here as well. 

Also check out this other community post about creating segments with API data.

Hope this helps, and thank you so much for joining the Klaviyo Community!