Solved

How to edit profile mailing address?

• 11 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

How do I edit a profile’s mailing address?  Where do I do this?  Edit Contact Information does not allow me.  

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 11 August 2023, 16:19

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @kenw232 

Thank you for posting your question in the community. 

If you need to update a location in a profile property, there are two ways to do it. Either manually importing the changes or through the Klaviyo API.

The following help article outlines the information needed to upload the location manually. 

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005073907#section2

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

@In the Inbox 

Badge +2

Let me get this straight.  So your telling me I can only change a profile’s mailing address via the API, or by importing a CSV to overwrite the profile’s values?  Is that correct?

Again, how do I simply Edit the mailing address information.  What is this so difficult?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @kenw232

Yes @In the Inbox is spot on here referring to our documentation on the subject. 

Typically, our locations set for our customers are generally correct as we use IP geolocation to set a profile's location if we don’t already have a billing address set for the customer address. When someone clicks through a Klaviyo email, subscribes via a Klaviyo signup form, or is otherwise captured by our web tracking snippet, we will identify the person and use the IP they are on to set their location. This is why the native ‘edit’ option isn’t available for the profile.

However, I am more than happy to share this as a feature request with our product team! 

-Taylor  

Badge

But what if the person signing up is i.e. a digital nomad traveling around the world?

I would also vote for having this option to just simply edit this field manually.

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

Heard, @gaborgurtler! As Taylor mentioned, Klaviyo uses IP geolocation when a billing address has not been received. A billing address will default as the profile location when a customer makes a purchase. If a digital nomad has a billing address in California and subscribes to your list in Thailand, their IP geolocation would be Thailand. Then they move to Mexico and buy your product, their billing address would mark them in California.

IP geolocation and billing addresses are always going to be imperfect because humans be movin’! There are more details on this in our help doc here