Solved

How to get sharp logo on the Subscribe and Preferences Pages

• 4 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

When I add my logo to the Subscriber and Preference Pages (for example, the Email Confirmation) my logo is always a little blurry.

If I use a larger images so it’s higher resolution it just makes the actual logo much bigger on the Email Confirmation.

Any idea how to make a logo crisp and sharp on these pages? See screenshot provided.

icon

Best answer by David To 5 November 2021, 21:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Dustin Lee,

To allow a crisp image to appear in the double opt-in confirmation email that you highlighted, I would suggest importing and using an image that follows the formentioned image guidelines. You are correct that unlike within Klaviyo’s email editor where you can scale down the image directly in interface; you do not have this capability within this basic editor. 

For the image to appear less blurry, we recommend scaling down a higher resolution image within a third-party tool such as Photoshop or one you are familiar with and importing it for use within the confirmation email. Scaling down an images will allow you to use a higher resolution image but in a smaller size as to not take over the entire email. 

David

Badge +3

Thanks for the response @david.to — I do understand general practices for high quality images. But my problem is a setting in Klaviyo. Specifically on the “Yes, I want to subscribe” email that Klaviyo sends to verify email addresses you have to use upload your logo. 

If you use a larger sized PNG (say 2000px) it will blow out the top area and fill the entire thing to the edges. Unlike a regular campaign or flow, you can’t control the images max width in the “Yes, I want to subscribe email”.

So my question is, how do you get a crisp image in this specific Klaviyo generated email?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Dustin Lee,

Great question!

@ashley_mcdermott addressed this in a highly informative Community post which I’ve included below:

To summarize, for a clear and crisp image, we recommend images following the below guidelines:

• 5mb or smaller
  • PNG file type renders the best 
  • 72dpi image resolution
  • height or width should be no more than 2000px

I would also recommend taking a look at the How to Use Images in Emails and MMS Image and GIF Best Practices articles for more information regarding optimal image sizes.

I hope this helps!

David