Solved

How to import birthday contact list to existing klaviyo profile

• 15 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi Everyone, 

Need some help please, been trying to search but couldn't find the right answer. Can anyone give guidance on how to do it:

1. I wanted to update contact lists that are already in Klaviyo with their birthday. Can anyone advise on how to import this contact to the profile? I already create the CVS file for this that include: email address - first name - last name - birthday (MM/DD)

2. We just want to update the contact that already in Klaviyo, how to make sure not to import any new contact in there? (we are taking the data from our MailChimp, some contact is not in the Klaviyo)

Thank you so much in advance

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 15 February 2022, 08:38

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@Rika 

Klaviyo only accepts certain data type when it comes to dates, please read this article

From what you said I think the problem is you only want to add month and day and Klaviyo doesn’t work with dates without year.. so you can add random year to all of your contacts and upload them to klaviyo under some profile property. Just make sure when uploading on the right side choose the option this property to be saved as Date and not list or string.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Rika,

Adding to @Bobi N.’s great suggestion, when importing date properties for profiles, Klaviyo only accepts certain formats as detailed in our Acceptable Date and Timestamp Formats for Profile and Event Properties Help Center article. I also went into greater details in another Community post which I’ve included below that may help!

As far as ensuring you aren't importing new contacts to Klaviyo, you’ll want to cross reference the list you are importing with those existing profiles of your Klaviyo account. Importing contacts into Klaviyo will not only update properties of existing profiles but also add new contacts to your Klaviyo account if they aren’t already an existing contact. 

David