Solved

How To Move Profiles To A List

• 26 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I have multiple profiles in my newsletter that I want to move over to a different list. What is the easiest way to do this? How can I bulk move profiles from one list to another?

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 27 March 2022, 16:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +29

Hi @spaceage 

Thank you for posting your question in the community. 

The easiest and most straightforward approach would be to create a segment of the profiles you want to move over to the new list. Then, within the segment, in the upper right corner click on the button that reads “Manage Segment” and select “Convert to List.”

I hope this helps!

@In the Inbox 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @spaceage,

Adding to @In the Inbox’s great suggestion, you can also manually import those users to a list in bulk using a .CSV as another option. After capturing those users in a segment or using some other method to produce a .CSV of those contacts, you can import them to your desired list as mentioned in our How to Add Subscribers to an Existing List and How to Create and Add Contacts to a New List Help Center articles.

If you’re having trouble, be sure to checkout How to Troubleshoot List Imports our article too for some common troubleshooting solutions!

David

Badge

Why can’t you select any Klaviyo profiles anywhere and simply “move to List or Segment”…?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @bsav,

Although there isn’t something as straightforward as selecting anyone to move to a list, you can always use the list’s quick add function for individuals. A lot of this also comes down to ensuring you’re only moving contacts who have shared explicit consent for the appropriate lists for better list management. 

Additionally, since segments are populated based on a set of rules, you wouldn’t be able to manually add contacts to them. Contacts are only added to a segment if they meet certain criteria or rules you’ve defined for the segment. 

David