Solved

How to use preferences to not send an email

• 5 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi there

I want to use preferences more in my emails and am planning a campaign to encourage customers to update them. We sell wood for various appliances, so we would ask customers are you interested in ‘pizza ovens’, ‘log burners’, ‘fire pits’ etc.

At the moment, I can only see how to use preferences to decide who to send an email to. Ie. if someone said they were interested in ‘pizza ovens’ send them this email about pizza ovens.

What I can’t work out is how to say - if this person has updated their preferences and their preference is ‘log burner’ do not send them this email about pizza ovens. I don’t just want to send it to everyone whose preference is ‘pizza oven’ because not everyone will update their preferences.

Is there a way to do this in Klaviyo?

Thanks

Heather

icon

Best answer by JessFosnough 5 February 2024, 16:11

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @HeatherLoveLogs,

I’m not sure if this is the best solution, but you could create segments based on whether the person has recently updated their preferences, and then exclude that segment from your email. For example, one of our segments uses this logic:

Updated preferences logic

You can cange the frequencey and time frame to fit your needs.

You could then add logic that says:

[Property name for Interest] = log burner

Depending on whether your interest property is set up as an array (can have multiple answers as a list), you may need to use logic that says the property “contains” or “does not contain” to include/exclude different interests.

Hope this helps!

Badge

Thank you @JessFosnough, I’ll try that!