Solved

I want to send emails to engaged in the last 90 days but how do I filter the abandoned users?

• 7 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

So, basically, I want to send regular campaigns to the segment called "engaged in the last 30/60/90/120 days" and the condition I use this for this segment is..

1. Opened my email at least once in the last 30/60/90/120 days
  2. The email is not suppressed.

The above are the only two conditions I use for this segment. Now, my question is, does that mean I am also emailing people who have abandoned their carts, browsed abandoned, or left their checkouts abandoned? If so, how do I get rid of them from my emails (i mean we shouldn't send marketing emails to them, right?)?

Love some help.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 7 April 2023, 21:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@nambirajanks

This is a gray area and don’t get this as 100% but from what I understand about this if people are genuinely interested in your brand and left their email anywhere on your website/store, as long as your emails contain everything that is needed like your business physicals address and a clear way for people who want to unsubscribe you should be ok emailing them. But again take this with reserve because I can’t confirm this. It is just what I’ve heard in the past..

Just if you have people from EU than this may be more strict so please check the GDPR rules.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @nambirajanks

Thanks for sharing this question with us! 

Adding onto the help that  @Bobi N. has mentioned, if yo want to be extra careful you could add this condition as an AND connector > ‘Is in ___ List (whatever is the name of your mail list). By adding this condition, this will bring into the segment user who have specifically opted-in to receive marketing to your brand so no users who have not purposefully subscribed will receive email sends from this segment! 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor