Skip to main content
Solved

Integration with CC and Never subscribed status

• 2 July 2024
  • 6 replies

hi! Im new and am having a really hard time importing my customers from before. I tried via CVS and had problems, then used integrations with Constant Contact to get my customers loaded.  My problem now is that a ton of them are in never subscribed status. Not all, but so far a lot of the 200+ which is weird because some actually even show the last email that they opened in Constant contact in the right menu yet they haven't updated their status yet. Also this is not on all...

Is this because the update takes awhile initially? I did it a few hours ago...but this is very confusing to see...the never subscribed is also listed on my parents email - I assure you they open them.

Thanks in advance

Deepa

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Welcome to the community @Deepa in Texas 

The Klaviyo status of ‘never subscribed’ is unrelated to email opens. It indicates that a profile has not opted-in nor have they unubscribed, More info here: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005246968

When you import a csv into Klaviyo, one of the steps is to confirm if the opt-in status of those contacts should be ‘subscribed’. Selecting that option will change their status in Klaviyo to ‘subscribed’ 

I hope that helps, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards

Andy

Badge +1

Hi Andy,

So like I mentioned above I did upload via cvs file first. I noticed not all of my profiles loaded so then I did the constant contact integration. Now the overall number of profiles is higher, but many (not all) are in never subscribed status.

Do I need to upload the CVS again to have that option to ‘opt in’ during the upload?

I’m super confused what I’m doing wrong. 

Badge +1

@bluesnapper I forgot to mention when I did the CSV I did select the Opt in as subscribed you stated. When It did not import my full list I opened a ticket because I didnt know how to work the error. I stepped away and when I reopened my Klaviyo a few hours later, the errors were not showing to work through. I suspect it just imported the non error but I could not find the error list anywhere.

The next day I tried the integration with Constant Contact (which I am still currently integrated with) and the number of profiles went up. The integration does not have an Opt-in like the cvs does.

Here is my current issue- when I look at profiles in CC that were for one example signed up by me via sign ups sheets post events and then look in Klaviyo at that profile, many are listed as NEVER subscribed.  This is also the case on several who were signed up from “other device” which I think were constant contact imbedded sign up pages on my site. These were sign ups that chose to receive the newsletter.

I have yet to get an answer from my ticket that tells me if I should try to import via CVS again to clean them up? or do I have to disconnect the integration from CC first and then reimport? 

I’m not sure what to do now or how to move forward.  I am completely stuck on importing customers.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

D

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

@Deepa in Texas Did you get this sorted through your Support ticket?

Badge +1

@kaila.lawrence  no not yet. And I didnt get any response here other than the first one. Im still working through support but a point to make here is the INTEGRATION with CC (and supposedly Mail chimp) do NOT import the consent which is a big deal since all of the people we have worked hard to gain end up listing as Never Subscribed- which then makes them useless with this product.

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

@Deepa in Texas Okay! Support is best equipped to help you in this case. Since you have an open ticket already keep working there to minimize confusion of multiple conversations. Do let us know when you arrive at a solution so future readers can learn!