Solved

Is a seperate list for all suppressed profiles a good idea?

• 6 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2
  • Contributor II
  • 3 replies

Hi Klaviyo community, 

We have one main email list called “Newseltter” that counts 15.195 profiles. Out of these 4.185 profiles are suppressed. I know they don’t do any harm there, and that I should not delete these profiles. However, I would like to move all suppressed profiles to a separate list, so the “Newsletter” list is more clean. 

Is there any reason why I shouldn’t do that? 

Best Emil

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 6 November 2023, 15:40

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @ESR,

Welcome to the Community! 

Thank you for your excellent question about profile suppression. 

When a users is suppressed in Klaviyo, their profile will remain intact and appear in lists, but they will no longer receive emails. This is why you still see suppressed users in your Newsletter list. 

It is always better to keep your main list intact with all subscriber/non-subscriber data. In your case, I would not recommend moving those users to a new list. 

If you want to keep a more “clean” view of the number of active subscribers you have in Klaviyo, I would recommend creating a segment for users who are in your Newsletter list, AND can receive email marketing (i.e. not suppressed). The segment would look something like this:

You can then use this segment as your source of truth for active subscriber count, or to send campaigns to as you do now.

--

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski​​​​​​​