Klaviyo Auto Creating Customers?

• 15 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Not sure how to describe this but here it goes..

Somehow as customers enter our website, their data is automatically added to Klaviyo’s newsletter list. I’ve spoken with Shopify’s team and they say it is nothing on their end or other third party integrations causing customer data to be generated and added. 

We do not currently have a static newsletter submission form on the live site and have turned off cart abandon in Shopify. My understanding is the only other way people could subscribe to the newsletter is from orders, which these individuals are not ordering. 

Any thoughts? I do not want to bother people who are uninterested in communications getting emails. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Lumbazzi 

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community and congrats on your first post! Happy to help figure out what’s going on and why your customers are being added to your “Newsletter” list without having signup up. Can you share what your website is so I can take a closer look at the source coding to see if there is anything in place from Klaviyo that would trigger this to happen. 

Also, do you have the “Shopify accept marketing” sync turned on inside of Klaviyo? You can find this in your Integrations tab. 

I’ll be on the lookout for your response!

Badge +1

Yes, we do have the sync option on. Site is www.lumbazzi.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Lumbazzi 

When I went to your site it looks like you have a Klaviyo pop up signup form that is live on your website. 

This is likely how your customers are signing up. 

Badge +1

Thanks @stephen.trumble. This is true, however the number of sign ups compared to people funneling into the email flow do not add up. Are there other factors we are missing?