Solved

Klaviyo Install, Shopify Email List NOT Imported and will not import

• 11 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

I installed Klaviyo on Shopify.

Klaviyo imported all our customers to "Profiles".

I can not take customers from "Profiles" and add them to any list.

I have searched everywhere and can not find an answer to this simple question:

How do I import all our current subscribers from Shopify into a Klaviyo mailing list??????

I did read that I can import a csv file, but damn, that is a stupid way to do this.

Is the only way to import the signed up customers from Shopify to Klaviyo is to use a csv file?

UPDATE:

I have tried multiple times to import the csv that I downloaded from Shopify.  I keep getting this message no matter what I change in the import "645 records skipped: mismatched data type Check that the correct type was selected for each column during field mapping.'

Our list is 645 total, thus nothing is imported.

UPDATE #2:

My csv file I am trying to import is now down to just a few columns, name, company, address and tags, and still the same message "645 records skipped: mismatched data type Check that the correct type was selected for each column during field mapping.'

EDIT #3:

My csv file is down to columns First Name, Last Name, Email, Accepts Email Marketing, Company, Tags

STILL same error message

I give up. WTF

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 14 February 2022, 12:50

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Anna Zuckerman 

Thank you so much for coming to the Klaviyo Community for help with troubleshooting your list import. I am sorry to see that you are having a tough time with getting your list into Klaviyo. 

The quickest and easiest way to create the list is to do a CSV file upload on to a new list. The key thing is formatting your CSV file so it can be recognized properly by klaviyo. Is the first column of your CSV file “email”? 

If it doesn't start with Email, it will not create new profiles and therefore will not create or add to a list? The article i linked before will walk you through step by step what you need to do after the csv file is formatted correctly. Let me know if you have already done this and we can dig deeper!

Badge

Hello, i tried adjusting so that the first column is the email but still not working

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @KocareBeauty 

So sorry to hear that you are having a challenge uploading your CSV files. Hope i can help you figure it out! Can you share what steps you have taken so far to upload the file into your Klaviyo account? Also can you send a screenshot of how you have your CSV file set up? Are there any blank columns in the file? If so, Klaviyo sometimes tries to read these columns assuming that there is something there and when it can’t find anything, it stops the upload thinking there is an error.

Badge

I’m having the exact same issue. Tried saving the CSV with ‘Email’ as the first column, with the same error. Any luck on the above thread in successfully getting Shopify email subscribers added to general [newsletter] list in Klaviyo?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @davidaugustinc 

Do you have any empty columns in the CSV file you are importing? The system assumes there is data in every column, and when the column header is empty it reads it as an error. so I would check to make sure there aren’t any extra columns in your file and delete any that might be there, then try uploading the file. 

Badge

Hi @stephen.trumble 

any other ideas. All fields in the column header is filled.