Solved

Klaviyo international

• 6 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hey there.

One of my client sells in many countries (Europe and North America).

He wants me to translate the emails, but how can I be sure the right perspon will get the righ email ?

How Klaviyo knows what language people speak ? 

Do I need to create differents segments if people speak french, german, english, etc. ?

I heard you need 3 diffrents CMS, and 3 diffrents Klaviyo accounts if you sell to 3 differents countries…

The thing is, he only has 1 CMS (Prestshop) so what am I supposed to do ? 

Thanks for your help

Steve.

icon

Best answer by kaila.lawrence 6 February 2024, 22:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

Hey @Steve0603! It sounds like there a few things going on here and this is a nice, juicy, strategy question our Champions would love to answer. I’m going to loop in @Omar and @Bobi N. to help you tackle this one.

In the meantime, check out this response to a similar question asked not too long ago:

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks @kaila.lawrence !

I’d love to hear from @Omar and @Bobi N. about it.

Cheers guys ! 

Steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@Steve0603 Sorry but I can’t help much here.. even though I personally am from Europe I work in US based company and 99% of our clients are US based and sell mostly in US.. so we never dealt with this problem in the past and we only worked with one language (English)

The only thing I can think of is for you to have a live pop up for subscribers or even make it part of the emails where you collect people preferences on what language they want to receive emails from you and then use that property to send different languages to different people.. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I might not be the best to respond this, but jumping in to brainstorm with you Steve.

If all metrics come under one CMS, then how about finding the most reliable way to filter your audience into different segments based on their language?

Example: Tag subscribers based on the $source. Tag buyers based on their Order ID etc.

To check if any filter could do the job, I’d go to Metrics > Active On Site > Filter by, and check if any of the filters could reliably un-shadow the different stores.

If you can find a reliable filter, then it’s a question of tagging appropriately your Master list and make sure to keep tagging the new subscribers with those UK, FR, DE, IT tags.

Hope that makes sense,

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@Bobi N. & @stam_marko thanks for your answers guys.

@stam_marko I followed : 
Metrics > Active On Site > Filter by, and check if any of the filters could reliably un-shadow the different stores.

But Klaviyo doesn’t provide me anything unless the filter “NEW/RETURNING”

Is that normal ? 

Cheers,
Steve