Solved

List Cleaning - Segment Definition - Non Engaged

• 26 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello! 

I am in the process of doing some pre-Holiday list cleaning for a client and wanted to make sure that my segment definition was correct. I keep overthinking it, and tripping myself up! Take a look. Any feedback would be great. Thanks in advance!

• Received Email is at least 20 over all time
  • Opened Email zero times over all time
  • Clicked Email zero times over all time
  • Placed Order zero times over all time
  • Person is not suppressed for email
icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 27 October 2022, 20:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Ginger M and welcome to the Community!

I agree with @Mailbox Manny that list cleaning will depend on your overall strategy, and that Help Center Link is a great place to start!

If you’re looking for more resources, I would recommend the following Help Center Articles and Community threads:

• Sunset Flows - This Help Center article explains some best practices for cleaning out unengaged customers, and includes an example of a Sunset Segment that you might find useful in defining your own.
  • Community Discussion Recap on the importance of list hygiene, plus links to more resources:
  • Tips and Tricks from our Community Champions on list cleaning practices (including Segment definition):

I hope this helps and thank you for using the Community!

-Brian

Badge +1

I’ve done all of that before reaching out. Thanks, I’ve got it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hi Ginger, welcome to the community.

Good idea.  Please send a screenshot of the Segment Definition in Klaviyo.  Getting the AND/OR right will be important as well.

In terms of the metrics used, that’s up to you and the brand depending on your cadence/strategy.

Also, if you haven’t seen this, here’s a quick guide on list cleaning from the Klaviyo help articles:

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005078347-Guide-to-List-Cleaning 

Badge +1

Hi Manny

Thanks for the response! Screenshot is below