Solved

List overlap segment? (people with multiple emails on list)

• 21 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Looking for a way to make a segment that finds people who are signed up on the email list with multiple emails. I see you can do properties about subscribers but can’t figure out how to make them work together.

I do discount code on signup & also have contests, people sign up multiple times.. 

TIA

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 22 February 2023, 07:29

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@VersusXScott 

As much as I know and as much as I understand your question I don’t think this is possible.

So how I understood your question is you want to make sure if one person subscribes with multiple emails you want to make a segment to find those people?

The problem is how would you know they are same people? If they have same name they still can be different person with same name. As much as I understand for every person the only unique thing is their social security number but you can’t ask for that because it is personal information. So without having something as a property that will group this people together I don’t see a way of you being able to do what you want here.

Maybe if you ask for ID card number but then again not sure if you can ask for that to.. the whole point is as long as you don’t have anything in subscribers profile that will tell you that someone who subscribed with a different email is actually a same person there is nothing you can do here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @VersusXScott

@Bobi N. is correct here! There isn’t an easy way to do this as Klaviyo treats email as a unique identifier. The best method would be to export your subscribers list and use a software such as Microsoft Excel to help you identify profiles with the same name. Once identified you can then navigate to Klaviyo and  merge the profiles.  

It should also be noted that there could be users with the same name and similar email but be two completely separate individuals. Additionally, someone may a preferred email address, and merging profiles could mean that the email address they usually use is no longer associated with their profile, and next time they place an order etc. using the other email address, a new profile with that email address would be created again.

Hope this helps!

-Taylor