Skip to main content
Solved

List total & profile total don't match

• 20 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi

Hopefully someone can help me. I don’t understand where my profile count is getting it’s total from. 

I have manually created two customer lists which have a total of 261 customers.

I have a newsletter signup on our website which has 103 subscribers.

There is also a new subscribers list with 3, and a preview list of 1.

Total - 368 subscribers.

But my Profile count has 1,051 active subscribers and no suppressed profiles.

(I haven’t actually sent an email to anyone yet, that’s why there are no suppressed files).

I can’t work out where this total is coming from. Is it duplicating some of the subscribers 2-3 times?

Thanks in advance

Al

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

It sounds like your profile count issue might be due to duplicate or imported subscribers.

Have you checked to make sure there are no duplicate subscribers across your lists? Sometimes, the same person can be counted more than once if they are on multiple lists.

Also, if you've imported contacts, ensure there were no errors or duplications during the import process.

Perhaps you could export your subscriber lists to a CSV file to check the statuses. This can help identify if any subscribers are being counted multiple times. Instructions for exporting contacts are available here​ (Klaviyo Forum)​.

I would also consider checking that your sign-up forms are not collecting duplicate entries from bots or repeated submissions. Klaviyo has protections against this, but reviewing your form settings can help. More information is available here​ (Klaviyo Help Center)​.

Hope this helps. :)

Badge

Hi 

Thanks very much for the reply, I will look into this. I was wondering, do you know if a subscriber is listed more than once, will they receive multiple emails. i.e. If they are listed twice will they receive two of every email sent?

Thanks again

Al

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

Hiya! Just to clarify here, only one profile is associated per email address regardless of how many lists that profile is associated with. It’s not possible to have duplicate profiles with the same email address. Your total active profile count will not be affected by the same profile subscribed to multiple lists.

if a subscriber is listed more than once, will they receive multiple emails. i.e. If they are listed twice will they receive two of every email sent?

A profile cannot receive the same campaign multiple times because they cannot be duplicated on the same list, so no worries here.

Have you added onsite tracking? Do you have other integrations connected to your Klaviyo account? Many integrations will create profiles to track visitor and customer data even if they haven’t explicitly subscribed to a list. So, it’s entirely normal to have more active profiles than subscribers.

Badge

Hi Kaila

Thanks very much for your reply, it’s been very helpful.

Regards