Magento 2 : If UnSubscribed Users tries to subscribe again the klaviyo not sending newsletter email.

• 27 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello Team,

I am facing an issue as below explained in-detail

1. From the Signup page - if the user opts-in the newsletter then the user will get a newsletter email from Klaviyo.
  2. From the My Account > Newsletter Page - if the user opts into the Newsletter for the first time, then the user will get a newsletter email from Klaviyo, but if the same user un-subscribed and again tries to Subscribe, then the user is not getting the newsletter email from Klaviyo.
  3. If the Unsubscribed user opts to get the Newsletter from the "Footer Newsletter" section and from the Checkout page, then the user is not getting any Newsletter opt-in email from Klaviyo.

Please help me out on this. We are stuck on Klaviyo implementation in Magento 2.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Sundeep G 

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community! Thanks for reaching out for help with your list and newsletter, happy to help!

I have a couple questions to help troubleshoot your challenges. 

1. What flow trigger and filters do you have setup for your Welcome series? If it is a list triggered flow,  as it states in the article I just linked, profiles will only move through the flow once, regardless of subscribing again. So if the profile has already exited the flow previously, they will not be able to re-enter.
  2. What is your goal by resending the Welcome newsletter to customers who have already received it the first time they signed up? If you want to provide updated information or maybe a discount for returning, I would suggest creating a segment of profiles of who have subscribed to a list within that last X days AND received an email zero times in that time period.

This will capture everyone who subscribed again but wasn’t sent the Welcome Newsletter. The only profiles we wouldn't be able to capture would be those re-subscribing via checkout or via a third-party (API method) form that doesn't record the Subscribed to List event. You can then clone your Welcome Series flow and use the segment as the trigger.

Hope this helps! Thanks again for being part of the Klaviyo Community!

Badge

hi @stephen.trumble,

Greetings of the day,

Our requirement is very simple, that is unsubscribed customer will have the ability to re-subscribe. Presently, they cannot do that, because after unsubscribing, while the customer trying to re-subscribe for the newsletter they are not getting the consent email from the Klaviyo. FYI, we are using only one universal profile for all the subscribed customers. Please share the solution of this problem.

Thanks,

Sundeep.