Solved

Merging two Klaviyo lists in one Klaviyo account

• 15 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Looking for guidance please!  We have two lists within one Klaviyo account, each list being linked to a separate Shopify store. We have merged our two Shopify stores into one and we want to migrate profiles and as much of the transactional (including newsletter opens etc) data as possible from the redundant Klaviyo list into the ongoing one.  Please could anyone give us guidance as to how we can best achieve this at the same time losing the minimum amount of data possible?  Thank you.  

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 15 September 2022, 22:02

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hello @mikelondon ,

The easiest way to combine two or more lists is to build a segment that grabs contacts from the desired lists. Then, you can either send to this segment directly or convert it into one main list that contains all of the associated profiles.

This guide here goes into detail on how to accomplish this: How to Combine Two or More Lists in Klaviyo

Alternatively, you can export one list as a CSV and reimport it into the other one. Before manually uploading contacts to a list, check if it triggers a flow, such as a welcome series. If so, set the emails in the flow to manual before beginning the import. After the import finishes, wait a few hours before setting the flow to live. Alternatively, follow the steps outlined in our guide, How to Add To or Combine Lists Without Triggering a Flow.

Have a good day,

Alex

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Dear Alex

I am so sorry.  When I said two lists I meant two subaccounts within our overall Klaviyo account, each subaccount being linked to a separate Shopify store.  I did not mean two lists within one (sub)account.  Please see below.  I have blurred our our identifiable details.  Is that clear or even more confusing?  Thank you again.

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @mikelondon ,

No worries. I see that these two lists now are in two separate Klaviyo accounts. Therefore, there is no way to automatically merge this lists. However, you can export these lists to a CSV and then import one of the lists into the List within the other account in order to merge the contacts.

Hope that helped,

Alex

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Dear Alex

Thank you.  I have had a look at the guidance on importing transactional/event data through a csv import but I wonder if it would be a pretty thankless task and tricky to do in a way that will allow us to reliably import usable data? I guess that it might be better to simply merge the profiles through an import and then to refer to the obsolete subaccount data if we need to create specific segments on an ad hoc basis which we could then use to tag the relevant profiles in the live subaccount.  What would you suggest please?

Thank you again.

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @mikelondon ,

If you would like to guarantee smooth account transferal and deletion (assuming that is the case) I would recommend getting in touch with Support to give them an internal look into your account.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

OK I will do as you suggest.  Shall I arrange that through chat?  Thank you.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @mikelondon ,

Yes you can find the preferred option of contacting Support on this doc. Thanks!