Solved

My imported list won't link up with my accepts marketing segment

• 12 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi There, I’m new to Klaviyo so apologies if I’m missing something here, I’ve received a full list of email addresses that have opted into receive marketing. I’ve uploaded them to a list but they haven’t been pulled into my accepts marketing segment.  The segmentation of my ‘accepts marketing’ list is below can someone point out what I'm doing wrong please? 

icon

Best answer by JessFosnough 12 March 2024, 18:29

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @User 1990,

I see that the Accepts Marketing property is a Boolean field, is it possible that the field you uploaded did not have an accepted Boolean value? This article notes the accepted values; most need to be in quote marks; or, if you are uploading a CSV file, you should simply use True and False (full word, capital first letter, not quotes).

Also, if your segment is not a flow trigger, you can manually update the segment, and that might pull in subscribers if the Boolean field is correct.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Jess, yes I didn’t have an accepted Boolean value, I added a column with accepts marketing and true and uploaded. It didn't update my  ‘subscribed’ list automatically but then I changed the segmentation rule to the below and they’ve all pulled through, hope that looks right 

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@User 1990 - I think the definition looks good! Best of luck in your marketing efforts!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

thanks so much jess :)