Solved

Needing to send required information to an unengaged profile

• 7 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi all

I need some advice with regard to how to send necessary company updates (pricing update info) to customers I have suppressed due to low engagement. 

We send one marketing newsletter once a month, and we regularly move unengaged profiles to the suppressed list… However, annually we need to update our trade customers with our pricing information / file. 

Whilst it is fine for us to not get them the info if they are unsubscribed, we do need to attempt to send the pricing update to them, and if I have chosen to suppress them due to inactivity, that is unhelpful for them if they do wish to receive the annual pricing update info.

How can i navigate this? Suppressed contacts for one type of messaging, but necessary to receive another… and currently they’re not tagged as trade. 

I am thinking that I need to:

• import the list of trade customers without updating their subscription status allowing me to ‘tag’ them as trade
  • set up a segment of ‘trade’ and ‘suppressed’
  • reimport the new segment as ‘subscribed’
  • then suppress them again?

Advice would be great.. as i am probably over complicating it, but new to Klaviyo and previous platforms wouldn’t allow you to reimport an unsubscribed contact so this wasn’t an issue. It looks like Klaviyo ignores unsubscribes when you reimport them. 

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by DavidV 7 March 2024, 01:46

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

Hi @ani_e_e,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community! You’re 100% right - your proposed solution is how I would approach this. If the list of trade customers is relatively small (and doesn’t really impact your Klaviyo billing) you could also just leave these profiles there - so basically you could exclude “Trade” tagged customers from your regular list scrubbing but choose to exclude them from marketing. 

Meaning you create something like this to send your regular newsletter to:

I hope that helps you on your way - your thinking is definitely correct in terms of how to approach this! 

Thanks
David