Solved

New properties for segments

• 8 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello, I have a question…

How can I create a new property to use it in flows?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Manny Singh 9 November 2021, 05:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hi!

Here’s a great help article on a few ways you an add profile properties to your subscribers:

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005074627-Guide-to-Properties#add-custom-properties-to-a-profile3

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Mailbox Manny 

Thank you so much for jumping in a providing @Mujereco the Help Center documentation about adding custom profile properties! What is your strategy for updating and creating new profile properties? I’m sure the Community would love to hear from one of our partners on how you best collect and use profile properties for your marketing goals!

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hey @Mailbox Manny 

Thank you so much for jumping in a providing @Mujereco the Help Center documentation about adding custom profile properties! What is your strategy for updating and creating new profile properties? I’m sure the Community would love to hear from one of our partners on how you best collect and use profile properties for your marketing goals!

All depends.  First, I map out what data we want to collect and how we’ll use that within our account to create segments and flows. 

The great thing about Klaviyo and the Shopify ecosystem is how well each platform integrates with each other (ie. reviews, loyalty, forms, etc..). 

Here’s one example, we do a member of the month feature for one of our brands.  To collect submissions, we have existing subscribers go through a Typeform survey.  We ask them about their favourite style, why they love it, how many caps they have in their collection, favourite teams, etc..

With the Typeform integration, that data is fed right into their profile in Klaviyo.  Now we can create segments, for example, based on their favourite styles/teams and personalize messages in campaigns and flows. 

That’s just the tip of the iceberg!