Solved

no marketing possible because no opt in

• 16 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello,

I would like to start with Klaviyo and have installed the app at Shopify for this purpose. Now all customer profiles are imported to klaviyo. Now I have the problem that I can't send anyone a marketing mail because Klaviyo incorrectly assumes the following for all customers: "Provided Email without opting in to email marketing". That's wrong. I used another newsletter program for this, which then caught up with the opting in subscription in retrospect. How can I change this in Klaviyo for all customers that I can send them marketing mails?

Best regards

Marcel :)

icon

Best answer by David To 16 May 2023, 16:29

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Marcelmmw,

Welcome to Klaviyo and to the Community!

In my experience, this is typical if you’ve integrated Klaviyo with Shopify, but have not imported your existing subscriber list to Klaviyo. Once integrated, Shopify will sync all your customer data to Klaviyo, but will not pass any existing subscriber or consent data.

As called out in our Getting started with Shopify Help Center article:

Klaviyo will not automatically sync historical subscribers to a list when you check Collect email subscribers. If you need to add historical subscribers to your newsletter list, you can do so by uploading a CSV as outlined in How to add or combine lists without triggering a flow

I would recommend taking a look at our Help Center articles on manually importing contacts to Klaviyo such as the ones below:

I hope this helps!

David