Solved

Notification when subscriber updates preferences

• 15 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi! I revised my preferences page to allow subscribers to choose what they would like to receive (email and/or SMS), as well as a custom property field for any notes they would like to submit.

Two things:

• I tested this with one of my personal accounts by adding my phone number and subscribing to SMS...but that change wasn’t made in the profile - the phone number was not added to the profile nor was the profile added to my SMS list. Any thoughts as to why (or is this functionality something that isn’t possible from the preferences page?
  • Is there a way to receive a notification when a subscriber updates his or her preferences?

Thanks!

Nan

icon

Best answer by DavidV 15 April 2024, 07:11

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

Hi @Nanette,

Thank you for your question in the Klaviyo community!

On the SMS Subscription there could be a few reasons the details aren’t showing up. Are you already signed up for SMS? If not, you are not able to collect consent for customers. If you are, I would recommend capturing the sign ups by targeting customers that are set up for email but not SMS using a custom sign up form. Customers are required to provide consent based on the the disclosure language. More info here.

If you wanted to be notified when someone subscribes to a list (for example, SMS Subscribers), you can set this up in a flow where you use the “Internal Alert” functionality. Depending on your list size be warned that this could become noisy in your inbox 😉

I hope that helps!

Thanks
David