Solved

please help! how to track intial source from facebook ads or Google ads?

• 9 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Team

I have been struggling to understand this but have not had a luck

I want to track the initial source of subscribers navigating to our website. we are spending hige on facebook and google ads + other referral marketing and once some one comes from any source, they will be triggered with an optimonk pop up which will be passed to klaviyo. or the other way to add is customer opting in via shopify checkout.

Now we want to know the LTV of customers coming via facebook ads (not lead gen) and added to klaviyo.

As per klaviyo articles, i tried creating a segment to find subscribers via facebook but all i can see is some random ads ids which looks like name of the campaigns, but not sure if its via facebook or google. Attaching the screenshot below

is there a way i can identify if the initial source for navigating to the website and added on klaviyo list?

same for Google.

we want to spend on a channel where the subscriber clv is high?

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by David To 11 April 2022, 20:01

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Sunny,

Great question!

If you haven’t already, I may suggest taking a look at the following Community posts which discuss this very subject:

If you wanted to capture customers who came generally from Facebook or Google, I would suggest using the segment rule definition of “Properties about someone, Initial Referring Domain equals X”. This way, instead of using the Initial Source definition to define a specific source, you can identify the source by the domain. 

I hope this helps!

David