Solved

Problems as new user, skipped emails and cant delete suppressed emails

• 11 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge
  • Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Hi!

I have so far for this account hired 2 people in marketing claiming to be experts on Klaviyo marketing. The first sent out a campaign sucessfuly to about 200 profiles. I later hire a new person who sent out to now over 500 profiles. To check to see how it went it says all 514 emails were skipped. The marketing person wants to get paid. i dont want to pay untill emails are sent out. Since most of the 500 are new emails., it cant be the smart sending time limit since most profiles have never been sent out to before. most are first time recipients. Secondly i notice there are 20 suppressed emails it say out of 1500 profiles. I then choose delete all supressed profiles. It returns error on deleting. Then I go into each and every list i have and ask to see suppressed profiles. When I go one by one and do this in all lists, each list returns there are no supressed profiles. But still the dashboard inssits there are 20 suppressed. I can find any in the lists. I dont use the Klaviyo since these 2 marketing people that I hired then do. They are the one asking me to sign up for Klaviyo. I just signed up and they do the work. So I have nt done any tweaking of any settings. The marking people say I need to get support for the skipped emails. Why is Klaviyo skipping all 514 emails that were sent out (new emails)? Why is there and error of not being able to delete suppressed profiles? Seems nothing in klaviyou works. 

icon

Best answer by David To 11 July 2023, 18:16

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Lux,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

If you haven’t already, I would suggest checking to see why those profiles were skipped from receiving the campaign email. You can check to see which profiles were skipped and for what reason by navigating to the campaign > recipient activity > skipped. This is also mentioned in our Troubleshooting skipped profiles in email campaigns Help Center article. 

It’s also important to note that it’s highlight discouraged to delete profiles that are suppressed. Deleting a profile will completely erase them. No history of the profile will be kept — includes their consent status. Reaching out to contacts that have explicitly opted out of receiving marketing materials from your is not only a violation of our Klaviyo’s Acceptable Use Policy, but also a number of regulations including GDPR, CAN-SPAM, CASL, etc. 

Although it shows you have 20 suppressions, chances are you aren’t able to locate them within your lists when checking under your list suppressions because they are globally suppressed. The list suppressions will only show profiles that are suppressed just for that list - this does not mean they have unsubscribed from all lists or all marketing materials from your brand. Globally suppressed profiles on the other hand are profiles that have opted out of all marketing materials and it is ill advised to reach out to them. 

If you need more help, I would further advise reaching out to some of our accredited Klaviyo Partners through our Klaviyo Partner Directory

I hope this helps!

David