Solved

Property update redirecting to placeholder page

• 2 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

hi there,

I am having an inexplicable error when using a button to update a property (something I’ve done without issue many times!)

Klaviyo is redirecting to a placeholder page in test rather than my landing page, and not updating the property.

{% update_property_link ‘holiday2022’ ‘true’ 'https://www.wendynicholnyc.com/pages/thank-you-holiday' %}

This is the code I’m using.  Can anyone help me understand why this method isn’t working for me?  It used to work perfectly.

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 28 December 2022, 19:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @remyinheaven and welcome to the Community!

Just so I can confirm the details and clarify the issue - are you saying that this is an existing button that has worked properly in the past and is now suddenly malfunctioning? Or is this a new button modeled from other buttons that have worked in the past?

Also, is the button placed on a Klaviyo signup form, email, or somewhere else on your e-commerce site? These questions will help myself and other Community members understand the context of the issue better.

In the meantime, here is another Community thread dealing with a similar issue:

Thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

Badge +1

Hi @remyinheaven and welcome to the Community!

Just so I can confirm the details and clarify the issue - are you saying that this is an existing button that has worked properly in the past and is now suddenly malfunctioning? Or is this a new button modeled from other buttons that have worked in the past?

Also, is the button placed on a Klaviyo signup form, email, or somewhere else on your e-commerce site? These questions will help myself and other Community members understand the context of the issue better.

In the meantime, here is another Community thread dealing with a similar issue:

Thanks for using the Community!

- Brian

I would like an answer to this as well. 

In my situation, the existing button worked in the past but is now malfunctioning. It is placed in an email. Please let me know the solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @StevensCopy

I understand that you are also having trouble with your ‘update profile’ button. By “malfunctioning”, do you mean that your button is not updating the profile, not redirecting properly, or both? 

Also, are you testing this yourself or is the issue being reported by other users? If you’re testing yourself, how are you doing so? It may help to clear your browser cache immediately before testing. 

Have you made any changes to the redirect URL that would change its address? This could also explain the button’s failure.

These questions could help myself and other Community members gather some more context on the issue.

Thanks,

Brian