Skip to main content

Hello, 

Thank you in advance for your consideration and assistance! 

I’ve set both Klaviyo List & Shopify to “Single Opt-In”. When signing up on the site, I should NOT be receiving a confirmation email. Unfortunately, despite selecting “Single Opt-In” I’m still getting an unbranded confirmation email. 

https://clearfur.co/#ContactFooter

The email is definitely coming from Klaviyo, not another 3rd Party App or Shopify. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix? 

Klaviyo  > List Setting > Consent
Shopify > Settings > Customer Privacy
Confirmation Email From Klaviyo (should NOT be sending)

Thanks!

Hey @clearfur 

I know this is quite obvious and you might have done this, but just to confirm - did you ‘save’ the changes?

Hi @clearfur, welcome to the community!

This is a strange, but a few troubleshooting suggestions. 

As you may know, each List can have their own setting for Single Opt in or Double Opt-in. The settings defaults to your system wide default setting when a new List is first created.  Also note, changing the default settings doesn’t update/change any existing List’s setting - just for new Lists that are created moving forward.  So you may want to systematically check each and every List that gets new Profiles added to make sure their settings are “Single Optin” as you pictured.  

I would also double check which List each of your Signup Form is submitting to verify that you don’t have a List you weren’t aware the Signup Form is still using. 

If the emails are coming from Shopify, see which List your Shopify Integration is configured to sync to and double check the consent settings for that List particular List.  For example, in the account below, the default List that Shopify emails get added to is my List called “Newsletter.”

You can see this in your Settings → Integration → Shopify → Select a list

Also, if you use any third party tools or apps such as surveys, quizzes or other places that might capture an email address, they may be submitting your emails to a specific List depending on how its integrated and setup, and that varies widely depending on the app.  Check those too!

Not sure if this helped, but hopefully this helped you can track it down - but let us know if you’re still stuck!

Hi @retention 

Thank you so much for your very thorough response! I was excited to try all of these options, unfortunately, however, it has not changed anything. Went list by list and changed all to single opt-in, although I’m only actually using one list, “Shopify Email Subscribers”. 

Additionally, I tried to isolate and see if it was a particular form, but all three submission forms are behaving exactly the same. The default shopify/theme form, the klaviyo popup form and the dedicated subscription form page for the list

I did uncheck the SMS subscribers, even though I wasn’t collecting SMS subscribers, just in case. 

Here is some additional screenshots in the event this might provide some clues...can’t figure this one out...seems like a bug. No other apps or anything installed. 

Hoping you have some other ideas. ;-) 

Hello @clearfur  It seems you have change the Opt-in setting in Shopify but didn’t change this setting in Klaviyo. You will have to change this setting in Klaviyo list settings as well.

Click on the settings tab and change the consent to Single Optin

Hi @Maxbuzz Thank you so much for taking the time to review and comment, much appreciated my friend! Agreed with your assessment, but unfortunately, that setting in Klaviyo has also been set to “Single Opt In”. 

Hoping you or someone else has some other ideas, but unfortunately, I’ve looked EVERYWHERE and can’t find any other configuration that would be triggering the confirmation email despite everything being set to “Single Opt-In” in both Shopify and Klaviyo. Arghh! Gotta be bug right? 

List is set to “Single Opt-In” in Klaviyo

@clearfur  Do you have any flow which might be triggering on signup and asking for confirmation?

Im having this exact same issue, haven't found any solution so far. 
Single opt in is on but it still sends the double opt in email. I dont know if its affecting the actual opt in, I dont think it is but its still annoying to double send to someone.