Solved

remove single profile from segment

• 22 December 2021
  • 4 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hi,

I am wanting to remove a single profile from a segment I created.

I was told there was a “profile management” under the settings tab in the segment, but I cant see it.

Is this the correct way?

Thanks

Chris

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 22 December 2021, 10:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@ChrisCPD 

The easiest way to do this is add another definition to the segment:

• Profile Property - Email - Doesn’t equal - example@email.com (here add the email you want to exclude) 

with this you will add all people who fulfil the other definition except this specific email

Hi Bobi N, this isn’t really going to work in this case. It will be just too time consuming to do, as there will be numerous email addresses every day.

Perhaps if I describe what I was trying to achieve it might help.

The segment is for customers who have purchased in the past but since that purchase have never opened any emails. So the segment is growing daily….

If one of these profiles makes a second purchase, I want to be able to remove them from this segment.

I hope that makes sense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@ChrisCPD 

Well I’m not sure if this is exactly what you want to do but maybe add this instead to the segment definition..

• AND what someone has done or not done - Open Email - zero times - overall 

with this you will remove all the people who never opened an email.. 

But in case you want to remove just those that didn’t open from when they made their first purchase than I’m not sure you can do exactly that, because it will require combining 2 segments placed order and opened email and we can’t do that in klaviyo as much as I know. 

Thanks Bobi N, 

I’m wanting to retain those who have NOT opened the emails after purchasing on this segment. I’m only wanting to remove them when they make a second purchase. Perhaps I’ts best if I try a support agent rather than the forum here. Thanks for your time though!