Solved

Removing profiles from segment

• 6 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi to you all - new here :-)

So sorry if this has been asked before:

I’ve created a segment of profiles, which have shown interest in a certain product.
Some of them are, however, unwanted in the segment

But I can’t figure how to remove them - that is ONLY from that segment?
It would have been great if there was click boxes with an option: Remove from this segment.

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 6 July 2023, 16:11

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @Mogens ,

Welcome to the Community! 

Thank you for your question about segment definitions. I agree that it certainly sounds easy to have a magic button to remove someone from a segment :) However, segments are actually meant to work dynamically based on the logic you pre-define; taking the manual work out of it! So let’s see if we can better define your segment to work for your use case:

Are there any similar traits among the people you want to exclude from this segment? If so, you can add this logic to your segment definition with an AND connector to automatically exclude those users. 

I’m not sure what your particular use case is, but you can use this to exclude recent purchasers, contacts in a certain list, where someone is located, and more! (just to give you some ideas).

There is also an excellent article on Getting started with segments on the Klaviyo Help Center that may give your a better understanding of the options available to you in Klaviyo. 

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski

Hi Mogens, 
I think you can try this as a workaround: Create a flow with email(s) for that specific segment. And place a link in an email that tells customers: “If you want to be removed from this segment, click here.” And then, under the email, create a conditional split to check if they clicked the link. If they click, create a new custom property to define people who want to be removed from this segment. And then update the definition of the segment to exclude people with that newly created property. 
Hope that helps!